September 14-22, 2019 Everywhere
MARCHING, ORGANIZING AND SPEAKING OUT FOR A NEW CULTURE OF NONVIOLENCE, FOR AN END TO WAR, POVERTY, RACISM, AND ENVIRONMENTAL DESTRUCTION.
Every year, Campaign Nonviolence organizes a national week of action across the United States and around the world, built around the third week of September, near Sept. 21st, International Peace Day. For the last five years, we have organized an unprecedented national grassroots movements with actions in every state where people connect the dots between the issues of injustice and violence, including war, poverty, racism and environmental destruction, and hold public events, actions and marches demanding immediate positive social change.
In September, 2018, the Campaign Nonviolence National Week of Action held over 2,660 actions, events and marches across the USA and in 25 countries. This was an historic unprecedented new form of organizing in the US, and we invite you to help us build up this national week of action.
The only way positive social change has happened in the US is from bottom up, people power, grassroots movements of nonviolence, so we invite everyone to join this Campaign Nonviolence National Week of Action Sept. 14-22, 2019, as an organizing tool, to help get the movement moving, to invite people of all walks of life to take to the streets against violence and injustice, and to carry on Dr. King’s vision of what we could become—a new culture of nonviolence. Join the growing Campaign Nonviolence national week of action movement.
To support these powerful forms of action, Campaign Nonviolence invites people everywhere to:
Host or attend a Nonviolence Training in preparation for your action
Start a Nonviolence Study Group
Find tools and resources for Action Week. Get the CNV action toolkit, flyers, graphics, action ideas and more! See below.
Read the 10 Tips for Great Actions and read about some great actions ideas.
images FROM ACTION WEEK 2018
+ GET THE ORGANIZING TOOLKIT
The CNV Nonviolent Action Toolkit (PDF) is updated each year (new version coming in early 2019) and has all you need to organize a nonviolent action in your community. It includes:
The vision and goals of Campaign Nonviolence'
A checklist and timeline to September
How to form your action committee and start planning for September.
The Nonviolence Agreement and Nonviolence Covenant to read for action participants
Sample local press release and steps to assist your media outreach.
+ MEDIA AND PRESS OUTREACH
- The secret to getting good press coverage is intensive outreach to all of your local news outlets. Here are ten steps to make it happen.
- Get the word out to your local media about your Action! Use this press release and send it to your local press. (New one available in summer 2019)
+ ACTION IDEAS
+ FLYERS AND FORMS
- Use this sign-up sheet at your events to collect names and emails for participants to stay connected to your local work and CNV!
+ CNV GRAPHICS, BANNERS & IMAGES
- Download images for your various events, website, flyers, banners & social media pages. (Coming early 2019)
+ SHARE YOUR ACTION NEWS & PHOTOS
- During and after your events, send us images, stories and reports about what happened so we can share your event with the world! (Form available after Action Week 2019)
+ JOIN NATIONAL CONFERENCE CALLS
- Looking for ideas on an action in September? Want to hear what others are planning? (Calls will begin again in July 2019, check back for link.)